After several weekends of searching for THE one….we made our way back to Oran Park where the shortlisted homes were.
It was between Masterton Symphony, Eden Brae Saville or McDonald Jones Havana.
The front runner was McDonald Jones because we loved the floor plan. It didn't matter how many homes we looked at something was telling us that this was the one! We can see our future in this home and the display home has a good vibe.
We made a few changes to the plan:
- added sliding windows in children activities room
- deleted built in desk and added linen cupboard for extra storage space
- removed decorative vase cavity and replaced with toilet door so it's separate to main bathroom
- entrance hallway coffered ceiling
- kept the entrance door like the one on display
- kept the fancy interior doors for the main bedroom, home theatre, pantry and sliding doors into children's activity room
Next step is the site survey and soil test…… well the results are in and we've been advised that highly reactive soil = deeper slab and more piers = $$$$. Also because of driveway gradient being too steep to meet Council guidelines and Aus Standards we now have to introduce 2 steps into our garage. Don't mind having to do that but it's the inconvenience of having to find someone to remove approx 130 tonne of spoil from our site and pay them for the labour. I've been told it won't be cheap (but what is when you're building hey!)